- Pending Home Sales Improve In January As More Buyers Returnby Brenda Richardson, Senior Contributor on January 26, 2023 at 9:00 pm
Buyers were encouraged by their increased negotiating power and mortgage rates that have declined.
- Why The Renters Bill Of Rights Won’t Help Muchby Erik Sherman, Senior Contributor on January 26, 2023 at 4:12 am
A set of principles may be good in concept, but they don’t come close to addressing the big problems of skyrocketed rents or the imbalance of power between landlords and tenants.
- South Florida’s Trump Group Just Reset The Global Bar For Luxury Real Estate—Againby Peter Lane Taylor, Contributor on January 26, 2023 at 1:22 am
The $1.8 billion Estates At Acqualina on the ocean in Sunny Isles beach, Florida are finally finished. Yes, money can buy happiness if you have $85 million to spend
- Biden-Harris Administration Announces New Actions To Protect Renters And Promote Rental Affordabilityby Brenda Richardson, Senior Contributor on January 25, 2023 at 7:07 pm
The goal is to increase fairness in the rental market and further principles of fair housing.
- Glacier-Surrounded Hunting Lodge Carries On A 100-Year Tradition In New Zealandby Lauren Beale, Contributor on January 25, 2023 at 5:00 pm
A sizable slice of the South Island, developed over more than two decades by one family, has become available as an investment and business opportunity for the adventure-minded.
- Single Women Are More Likely To Own Homes Than Single Men In Nearly All Statesby Brenda Richardson, Senior Contributor on January 25, 2023 at 3:01 pm
Data suggests that single women prioritize homeownership more than men.
- $11 Million Condo In New York Historic NoMad Neighborhood Stays True To Its Glory Daysby Mary Forgione, Contributor on January 24, 2023 at 9:45 pm
The building’s neo-Gothic facade was carefully preserved and its office space converted into tony residences almost a decade ago.
- Demand For Cold Plunge Pools Heats Upby Jamie Gold, Contributor on January 24, 2023 at 1:00 pm
Some doctors and research studies disagree, but the approach has adherents across continents and millennia.
- The Average Rent In Boston Now Rivals Bay Area Citiesby Andrew DePietro, Contributor on January 24, 2023 at 12:58 pm
Find out the average rent in Boston, how it’s changed over time, as well as the most expensive zip codes in Boston to live in.
- Survey Finds That Service Members, Veterans Are Optimistic About Home Buying In 2023by Brenda Richardson, Senior Contributor on January 24, 2023 at 4:40 am
More than half of current service members anticipate buying a home in the next two to three years.
- High Housing Costs Drove Relocation For A Record 25% Of Home Buyers At The End Of 2022by Brenda Richardson, Senior Contributor on January 23, 2023 at 9:52 pm
All 10 of the top destinations are known for their sunny climates, and five are in Florida.
- In The Famous Bird Streets Of Los Angeles, An Architectural Gem Hits The Market For $13.7 Millionby Regina Cole, Contributor on January 23, 2023 at 7:34 pm
Casa Olivia is a 14,347 square foot contemporary Spanish home located in the Bird Streets of Los Angeles. It is for sale for $13+ million.
- Pandemic Pushes Office-To-Tenant Conversions To An All-Time Highby Regina Cole, Contributor on January 23, 2023 at 6:05 pm
When remote work suddenly rendered offices superfluous, it neatly aligned with a great need for housing of all kinds. According to a survey recently released by RentCafe, adaptive reuse apartments are increasing faster than new apartments
- Managing Homes, Dollars, And Building Codes As They Go Up In Wildfire Flamesby Jennifer Castenson, Contributor on January 23, 2023 at 3:53 pm
Across the country, more land is being impacted by climate change threats, including wildfires, driving housing costs up and creating conflict within the industry.
- Austin-Adjacent Home Reflects A Love Of Light, Geometry And Horizon-Busting Viewsby R. Daniel Foster, Contributor on January 22, 2023 at 11:30 am
Located 25 miles west of Austin, the 4,100-square foot home is sited near Dripping Springs––in 2014 named the state’s first International Dark Sky Community.
- Beachfront Perch Offers Luxury Living Along Florida’s Atlantic Coastby Lauren Beale, Contributor on January 21, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Florida’s Melbourne Beach has been attracting out-of-towners since the late 1800s.
- These Charts Show How The Real Estate Boom Turned Into A Bustby Raul Elizalde, Contributor on January 20, 2023 at 2:57 pm
The red-hot real estate market of just over a year ago has become a victim of its own success. Escalating home prices and soaring mortgage rates turned homes unaffordable while builders face growing inventories and plummeting sales. This is not good for the construction industry.
- Transformative Real Estate Projects Worth Monitoring In 2023by Jeffrey Steele, Contributor on January 20, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Whether transit-oriented developments, adaptive reuse efforts or mega-projects delivering diversity and opportunity, a number of properties debuting this year are well worth noting this year.
- Going Up From Here? Home Prices Post Small Increase As Rate Drop Lures Buyersby Brenda Richardson, Senior Contributor on January 20, 2023 at 1:18 pm
Pending home sales fell 29% year over year—a significant decline, but the first sub-30% drop in three months.
- The Most Expensive U.S. Real Estate Sales Of 2022by Spencer Elliott, Contributor on January 20, 2023 at 11:30 am
Billionaire Larry Ellison’s $173 million Palm Beach estate topped the list last year, along with a $100 million Malibu dream house bought by media mogul Byron Allen and a $75 million Beverly Hills mega-mansion owned by rap superstar Drake.